If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is bismuth oxid?
The molecular formula of the inorganic compound is Bi2O3. The pure product comes in three types: a, b, and d. a type has a yellow monoclinic structure, relative densities of 8.9, melting points of 825, and is soluble only in acid. Hydrogen and hydrocarbons can reduce it easily to metallic Bismuth. It is a special material that has a cubic fluorite structure. The crystal lattice of d-Bi2O3 is void in 1/4, which gives it a high oxygen conductivity. Bismuth Oxide is mainly used for electronic ceramic powder materials. It can also be used as photoelectric materials, superconducting materials at high temperatures, and catalysts. As an additive used in electronic ceramic materials, bismuth dioxide is usually required to be purer than 99.15%. Main application objects include ceramic capacitors, zinc oxide varistors, and ferrite magnet materials.
Bismuth Oxide preparation
1. Dropwise, add to the bismuth-nitrate solution at 80-90degC a sodium hydroxide-free aqueous aqueous solution. Mix. The solution stays alkaline and the white volume-swelling Bismuth Oxide Hydrate Bi(OH3) precipitates. This solution is heated, stirred and dehydrated to yellow.
. After filtering, drying and washing the bismuth oxide is obtained.
2. Mix them under a nitrogen-filled atmosphere by adding dropwise a 1,5 mol/L sodium aqueous hydroxide without carbon dioxide solution to a bismuth solution dissolved at 0.1 mol/L in 1 mol/L of nitric (at 80 to 90deg C). The solution stays alkaline throughout precipitation. The white volume-expanded Bismuth Oxide Hydrate Bi(OH3) does precipitate, but it dehydrates and turns into light yellow Bismuth Trioxide when stirred for some time in the hot water solution. Decant the solution and wash it 15 times without adding air or carbon dioxide. Then filter and dry.
3. The graphite electrode is placed between the metal surface and the metal bismuth after it has been melted and put in the graphite crucible. An arc is then formed under oxygen flow. For a continuous supply of oxygen to the crucible, it should be placed inside a large vessel. The reaction is carried out at 750-800degC and the b bismuth trioxide is generated quickly. It has a purity level of 99.8%. A high-temperature phase B-type product can then be obtained by quenching the product in water or a metal plate.
4. Stir vigorously as you add the acidic Bi(NO3)3*5H2O (20g dissolved 2mol/L in HNO3) solution to the excess sodium-carbonate solution. Filter, wash, and then dry the Bi2O3CO3 crystalline precipitate. Place it in an aluminium boat and heat the air in it at 650K over about 1.5 hours.
5. Burn the Bismuth Subnitrate between 400500 for 34 hours to remove NO3 ions:
The final product is a lemon yellow color after cooling.
Bismuth Oxide is used in the application of Bismuth oxide
Bismuth oxide is used to prepare bismuth sal; it can also be used in electronic ceramic powder materials, photoelectric materials, superconductors at high temperatures, and as a catalyst. Bismuth Oxide is an essential additive for electronic ceramic materials and must have a purity of at least 99.15%. Main application objects include zinc oxide varistors; ceramic capacitors and ferrite magnet materials. Other applications include glaze rubber compounding, medicine, Red Glass compounding, etc.
(aka. Technology Co. Ltd., a trusted global chemical supplier & manufacture with over 12 year’s experience in supplying super-high-quality chemicals and nanomaterials. Our company’s Bismuth Oxide Powder is high in purity, has fine particles, and contains low impurities. Please.