If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Magnesium Nitride?
Magnesium Nitride, is an inorganic compound having the chemical formula Mg3N2. It is part of the Cubic Crystal System. At low temperatures, pure magnesium nutride is a color of yellow and green however, magnesium nitride that contains parts of magnesium oxide impurities is greyish white.
The Molar mass of magnesium nitride is 100.95g/mol. In terms of density, it is 2.712g/cm3. Magnesium nitride dissolves completely in water and acid, but is dissolvable in alcohol and ether.
The melting point of magnesium is 1500 degrees. Magnesium Nitride, like many metal nitrides reacts with water to make ammonia. A catalyst is often employed. React with acidic or aqueous nonmetallic oxides to create ammonium salts and magnesium salts.
Magnesium Nitride is a natural ceramic nature. Magnesium nitride is highly resistant to corrosion resistance and dramatically improves the efficiency of production. Magnesium Nitride also has high thermal conductivity, aswell being resistant to corrosion and temperature resistance. Magnesium nitride also has a great importance due to its usage as a catalyst in the production of boron-Ni.
What is Magnesium Nitride used for?
1. A catalyst used to making nitride from other elements with high hardness and thermal conductivity. It is also a good choice for corrosion resistance, wear resistance, and high temperature resistance. The first successful synthesizing of cubic boron it was the catalyst that was used, magnesium nitride.
2. Utilized for high-strength steel alloys for smelting. Magnesium nitride (Mg3N2) replaces desulphurized magnesium used in construction steel in smelting. This helps to improve the density, strength in tension and bearing power of steel. Additionally, the use of magnesium Nitride (Mg3N2) desulfurizationcould reduce the amount of other additivesand help reduce the costs of production for construction steel;
3. It is used to prepare special ceramic materials;
4. To manufacture a special alloy foaming agent
5. For manufacturing special glass;
6. For crosslinking catalytically produced polymers
7. To reuse radioactive waste
How to Make Magnesium Nitride?
Presently, the major methods for making magnesium nitride comprise direct reaction method for magnesium powder using nitrogen, reaction method of carbon with nitrogen in nitrogen plasma flow as well as the method for the explosion of magnesium coils in nitrogen atmosphere Low pressure chemical gas process, self-propagating high temperature process for synthesis, nano-magnesium nitride synthesis methods and more.
Recently, G. Soto et al. created amorphous magnesium nitride film that have different Mg:N ratios Si substrates in a nitrogen molecular atmosphere using Laser pulse deposition. This method limits their industrial production due to the cost of production, lengthy process complicated equipment operation or a lower yield of magnesium nutride.
Although the direct reaction between magnesium powder with nitrogen has an industrial use, the creation of magnesium powder requires more reaction temperatures and a longer reaction time. Also, the shape of particles is incomplete and easy to agglomerate that’s why they don’t meet the demands of industrial-grade quality. In the case of NH3, it can be broken down into Nand N2 – with broken bonds more easily than N2, and the decomposed H2 is able to slow the growth of MgO, which is why ammonia gas could be used as the nitrogen source. Chen Faqin et al. used liquid ammonia to serve as nitrogen source to make magnesium nitride powder through direct nitriding of magnesium powder. The following conclusions can be drawn: Based on thermodynamic analyses, liquid ammonia could react to magnesium powder more efficiently than nitrogen and produce magnesium nitride; High quality magnesium nitride that is the highest purity and uniform particles is made by heating it to 600 and ammonia atmosphere for 1 hour. It is then heated up to 800degrees, with an ammonia flow rate of 500ml/min as well as Nitriding time of 1h.
Magnesium Nitride Mg3N2 Powder Manufacturer
We are a reliable chemical material supplier worldwide and manufacturer that has more than 12 years’ experience providing high-end chemicals and nanomaterials, including silicon powder graphite powders, zinc sulfur, calcium nitride 3D printing powder etc.
If you’re seeking top-quality Mg3N2 powder, please feel free to get in touch with us to send an inquiry. (email@example.com)